Thursday 22 January 2015

Delaney Asks an Insane Amount of Deep Questions About Nothing But the Colour Purple

        There have been a couple of instances where I've experienced the world differently from the people around me. Just this week, I've decided I needed to wear more purple, simply because I like the colour and don't have enough of it. Suddenly, looking around, everything seems to be purple. There's so much purple in the world that, a week ago, didn't seem to be there. Just because I'm thinking about it. To me, this is pretty cool. Just because I'm a little bit more aware of the colour it's cropping up everywhere?  I think that's indicative of human awareness, and is probably rooted in some pretty deep history.

       So, what questions does this bring up? Firstly,  why do human beings notice things? How? How, in the past, has it been useful to notice specific things only when they're pertinent to our situation? How do our brains decide what to pay attention to? Why do we pay varying degrees of attention to our surroundings?  Do we notice our awareness of our surroundings changing? How does changing awareness of the things around us change our experience of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment